Threats and risk are the nature of business, but what if your technology helps the risk? Last pass, a popular password manager, has recently been sacked by cyber threats. This shows that even security-focused companies are not exempt from cyber threats and risk.
Let’s reduce the worry and chances by following a couple of processes needed to protect your business:
- Why: Cybersecurity is essential for businesses of all sizes. Cyber attacks cause significant damage, and it’s important to identify if your business is at risk.
- Define the risks: Cyber attacks come in various forms such as data breaches, malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks.
- Identify vulnerabilities: Check for weaknesses that attackers may exploit such as weak passwords, outdated software, and unsecured networks.
- Assess your current security measures: Evaluate your current security measures to determine their effectiveness in protecting against cyber attacks.
- Educate employees: Educate employees about cybersecurity and how to prevent cyber attacks.
- Develop a response plan: Prepare a response plan in case of a cyber attack.
These simple, yet crucial marks add up to help secure your business from inside, and outside, threats you’ll better secure your business.