Technology is becoming increasingly integrated into our daily lives and businesses. It is more important than ever to prioritize cyber security. Cyber threats such as ransomware and phishing attacks can compromise sensitive data, stop operations, and harm the reputation of your business. Shockingly, according to a report by IBM, the average cost of a data breach in 2022 in the U.S. is around $9.5 million*.
Investing in cyber solutions can increase your security from these threats. Here are a few ways you can increase your security:
- Firewalls: A firewall is a network security system, or device, that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic. By inspecting the incoming and outgoing traffic you can monitor for threats and have alerting setup for when one is detected. These are usually managed by your security provider.
- Use antivirus and anti-malware software: Antivirus and anti-malware software are designed to detect and remove malicious software from your devices. Alerts and threats can be mitigated quickly and reported to your security provider or team for quick response.
- Security assessments: Regular security assessments are a must. These assessments can include penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and risk assessments. Often these are required, based on the frameworks of the industry you are in (such as PCI, or HIPAA).
- Implement multi-factor authentication: Multi-factor authentication adds an additional layer of security by requiring users to provide more than one form of authentication. This is one of the easiest solutions to implement.
- Security awareness training: Educate your employees on cyber security threats and how to recognize them. Security awareness training works best when all are involved, from the top down. Each person is responsible for the cyber security of the business, so actively training to recognize threats is no longer an option and should be part of your overall security policy.
By investing in cyber solutions, you significantly reduce the risk of cyber-attacks. The security of your business doesn’t happen by chance – take action today to secure your data and assets.